Research changes lives!!
Research is our only way of understanding all there is to know about diabetes, why it develops and who is at risk.
The number of people living with diabetes all over the world is at an all-time high and all types are increasing at an alarming rate.
Did you know:
- 280 people develop diabetes every day in Australia
- That's 1 person every 5 mins and we could fill the MCG every year with newly diagnosed people
- Your risk of heart disease, blindness, kidney failure and stroke, dementia are greatly increased by diabetes
We must invest in research to ensure we find the answers and change the future.
We believe we can:
- Predict and prevent type 1 diabetes
- Prevent complications like blindness, heart disease and kidney failure from developing in all types
- Ensure the best possible treatments and delivery systems are available
- Help people know their risk of developing type 2 diabetes and how to prevent it
With world-class research and institutions collaborating around the world, we have a real chance!!
- DRWA Research Grants
- Our Publications
- The Centre for Diabetes Research
- Type 1 Diabetes Research
- Type 2 Diabetes Research
- Diabetes Complications Research