You've landed on the right page......
You can donate by:
- Credit card
- Direct bank transfer. Details - Account name: Diabetes Research WA BSB: 306 057 Acc #: 4159501
- Making and EOY donation and claim it on your tax
- Giving regularly
- Buying an Entertainment Book
- Giving from your salary or wages (Workplace giving
- Corporate Sponsorship
- Leaving a gift in your Will
- Grab some cool stuff from our little Shop
Send us an email for more info
Diabetes mellitus, or simply diabetes, is a chronic disease that occurs when the pancreas is no longer able to make insulin, or when the body cannot make good use of the insulin it produces. Insulin is a hormone made by the pancreas, that acts like a key to let glucose from the food we eat pass from the bloodstream into the cells in the body to produce energy. All carbohydrate foods are broken down into glucose in the blood. Insulin helps glucose get into the cells.
415 million people live with diabetes worldwide and that is expected to rise to 642 million by 2040 642. Every 6 seconds someone dies from diabetes-related complications!
There are three main types of Diabetes;
Type 1 Diabetes
Type 2 Diabetes
Diabetes Research WA's sole focus is to provide funding for research that will lead to a cure for this disease. You can help by donating in the knowledge that 80% of all monies donated are provided directly to research grants directly linked to Diabetes.