Our Vision - 'A world without diabetes'
Our Mission - 'To fund research in Western Australia into all forms and types of diabetes including the complications that can develop'.
Facts about diabetes
- There are over 463 million people living with diabetes around the world
- 1.7 million live in Australia with 280 people developing it every day. That's enough to fill the MCG every year.
- Every 6 seconds someone dies from diabetes complications
- All types are increasing
- The impact of diabetes is staggering, costing over $14.6 billion annually in Australia.
Research has made an enormous contribution to the lives of people living with diabetes; from newer improved methods of insulin administration and frequency to a reduction in heart, kidney and eye disease. It's paramount that research steps up if we are going to be able to find long-term solutions. It's urgent, it's necessary and it's vital.
Becoming a corporate partner:
- Fulfils corporate responsibility requirements and expectations
- is emerging as one of the most important PR exercises of modern times
- increases retention rates as employees see it as a way of building trust with the community
Past corporate support has:
- Assisted with the establishment of the Centre for Diabetes Research in Perth, Western Australia enabling a further $15million in research grants
- Increased funding for the DRWA annual research program
- Delivered powerful results which inform researchers worldwide
- Enabled the purchase of state-of-the-art research equipment
- Ensured our database is current and designed specifically for our purpose
We invite you to partner with us to ensure dedicated and world-class research continues into diabetes in Western Australia.
Partnering opportunities are currently available for:
- Workplace giving / matched giving
- Volunteer employee time or skills
- Ambassador / advocate roles
- Distribution of information through intranet newsletters
Ideas for workplace fundraising events
- Joint fundraising event
- Golf/ sports tournament
- Rewards program
- Donation/ swear box
- Social events
We offer generous recognition to our corporate partners tailored to your specific requirements. If you would like to speak with us, please contact our Executive Director Sherl Westlund on 0411 483 742 for a confidential chat or send an email.