Our mission is to:
- find a cure for diabetes
- prevent diabetes related complications from developing
- develop better diabetes managements and treatment systems
Facts about diabetes
- There are over 400 million people living with diabetes around the world
- In Australia 280 people develop diabetes every day. That's enough to fill the MCG every year!
- Every 6 seconds someone dies from diabetes complications
- All types are increasing
- The cost of diabetes is staggering. Over $14 billion annually in Australia.
Research has made an enormous difference for those living with diabetes; from newer improved methods of insulin administration and frequency to a reduction in heart, kidney, eye and nerve disorders. The improvement to quality of life, both personal and work related, has been outstanding.
But research needs to be stepped up if we are going to continue to find the solutions we so desperately need. It's urgent, it's necessary and it's vital.
Becoming a corporate partner:
- Fulfills corporate responsibility requirements and expectations
- is emerging as one of the most important PR exercises of modern times
- increases retention rates as employees see it as a way of building trust with community
Past corporate support has:
- Enabled the establishment of the Centre for Diabetes Research in Perth, Western Australia which conducts world class research
- Ensured our database is current and designed specifically for our purpose
- Delivered results that feed into the bigger research picture
- Enabled the purchase of state-of-the-art research equipment
- Allowed us to enjoy a continuous online presence to deliver information
We invite and welcome you to consider partnering with us to ensure dedicated and world-class research continues into diabetes.
Partnering opportunities are available for:
- Annual donations
- Workplace giving / matched giving
- Volunteer employee time or skills
- Ambassador / advocate roles
- Distribution of information through intranet newsletters
Ideas for workplace fundraising events
- Casual dress day
- Golf/ sports tournament
- Rewards program
- Donation/ swear box
- Social events
We offer generous recognition to our corporate partners tailored to your specific requirements. If you would like to speak with someone, please contact our Executive Director Sherl Westlund on either 08 9224 1006 / 0411 483 742 or via email