Would you like to become a Diabetes Research WA ambassador? We have ambassador positions available so you will fit right in no matter where you're from.
It's easy and only takes 3 easy steps:
- Give us a call at 9224 1006or send us an email telling us your story
- Let your family and friends know
- Like/ follow and share us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Ambassadors help us put the spotlight on diabetes and help share our story on finding the cures for diabetes.
Have you met Jamie Cripps from the West Coast Eagles?
You can read more on Jamie's story here
Or Jenni Baird?
Jenni is our first celebrity Ambassador and joined us recently to meet one of our researchers Professor Grant Morahan who directs research at the WA Centre for Diabetes Research in Perth. Jenni has a family member living with type 1 diabetes and has seen how tough and continuous the regime is.
Ambassador's help us by sharing our exciting breakthroughs so more people get to hear about how we are making progress towards finding the cures and preventing complications. We are very proud of our research and believe we will find the solutions...
Once you've become an Ambassador you:
- are invited to our events as a VIP
- have an opportunity to share your story
- can meet our researchers and ask them questions
- receive all the latest news on breakthroughs from around the world
- join the Ambassadors Club who meet up for some fun
Here are our amazing individual ambassadors who makeup and important part of our big family:
- Ajay McCarthy (Junior Ambassador)
- John Baines
- Jenni Baird (Celebrity Ambassador)
- Kelva Campbell OAM
- William Coleman AM
- Maureen Felton
- Patsy & Errol Russell-Lane
- Erica Smyth