So....who are we and what do we do?
We'll try to keep this bit brief :)
- Diabetes Research WA is the trading name for the Diabetes Research Foundation of WA Inc. (ABN 43 743 957 408).
- We are a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) licensed charity with the Australian Charity and Not-for-Profit Commission and hold a fundraising licence in Western Australia. This means you can claim your donation as a tax deduction (over $2).
- Our mission is to raise funds for research into the causes, prevention and cure of diabetes in all its forms. This includes preventing complications and improved quality of life for people living with diabetes.
- We have supported over $6m worth of research projects.
- We helped establish the Perth-based Centre for Diabetes Research in 2005 which conducts world-class research into diabetes under the guidance of Professor Grant Morahan, enabling a further $15m for research projects.
We are intensely passionate about our work and believe we will find the solutions to diabetes by backing world-leading West Australian research.
'To find the cure for diabetes in all it's forms and improve quality of life for those living with diabetes'
To support research into the:
- Cure for diabetes
- Causes and prevention of diabetes-related complications
- Prevention of diabetes (in all its forms)
- Control and management of diabetes
We aim to achieve our vision and mission by:
- Supporting researchers and clinicians in their work relating to diabetes
- Funding of scholarships, fellowships or travel grants for the purpose of promoting diabetes research